Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HAVE MISSION, WILL TRAVEL...



Some years back, I saw some collectables advertised in EXCHANGE & MART. I duly sent off a cheque for the required amount and sat back to await my treasures - they never came. I contacted the seller, and it was clear from his evasiveness that he never had the items to begin with. Being a Scotsman, I'll travel miles to recover a shilling, so London was no distance. Faster than you can say "speeding bullet", I was down there to recover my money from said shady seller and to inform him of the error of his ways.

Did I get my money? Of course I did! And what did the would-be conman get from the encounter? I'll leave that up to your imagination - but he wouldn't have been smiling for a while. 

One up for the good guys I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment