Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's Sandy Gervais Week!

First of all...GO GIANTS!!!




Ok now that I got that out back to our reguilarly scheduled program...

This month's Designer Select series is on Sandy Gervais. Her newest line Sassy is just the latest in a long line of great fabric designs. This Fat Quarter Shop exclusive kit is a great mixture of all the wonderful colors and patterns in this line.  


When I first started quilting Sandy's Nautical and Nice line was brand new. The LQS here told me that I bought over half the fabric they had of this great line. I didn't buy it all at once, it was over about 6 months...I just kept going back for more.



I grew up sailing and have always loved anything nautical. I made 2 quilts with this fabric, one for my Dad and one for my Nephew Henry James. I thought it would be fun if they had matching quilts. Sadly I forgot to take a pic of the quilt for Henry, but here's a pic of the one I made for my Dad.


Then came Frolic. I made 2 quilts from that line. These are still just quilt tops, but I plan on quilting them soon. They are for my husbands Dad and Step-Mom. I wanted to make them matching quilts to use in their basement living room.


And you know how Craizee I am for table runners. I found an adorable pattern on Moda Bake Shop and made a table runner using Awesome. It's called Petits Fours Table Runner.


As for Sassy, I plan on making a Twister Quilt for the Twist Along starting next week.
And I really want to make this adorable runner.


And as if that isn't enough she has 2 more line coming out this year...
Merry Melody, due out in July and Phenomenal Fall, due out in June.


This week I have a bunch of guest bloggers who are going to show you their projects made with Sandy's fabrics.

And what would Designer Select week be without a GIVEAWAY?!?

This months giveaway from The Fat Quarter shop is a Designer Select FQ kit from the Sassy line!


There's 2 ways to enter:
Note - you must be a follower of Craizee Corners, but you don't get a entry for that, it's just a pre-requisite.

1. Go to the Fat Quarter Shop's Sassy page and tell me what fabric you think I should use as the border on my Twister Quilt.
2. Tell me which It's Sew Emma pattern is your favorite.

There you have it...2 ways to enter. You have until February 12th (Sunday) at noon CST to enter. Then Mr. Random will pick a winner!  


No comments:

Post a Comment