Wednesday, March 10, 2010

 The bedroom.  Always a sanctuary for me.  Even as a little girl I loved slipping
into my bed after my prayers {top bunk with a short stint in the lower bunk}.
Beautiful white cotton sheets fresh and lovely.  I would think of the wonderful
events of my day and then plan my fun for the next day {after any chores}.
Today, it is pretty the much the same...
Oh, no bunk bed lol, but soft cotton sheets in pinks and whites and petit bouquets...
This is my finished duvet cover ~

P1280115

I finished fairly quickly, just set aside for a few days while I considered all of your
tips on closures. I really wanted a zipper, however such a long one was not quickly
available to me. So buttons won out. Simple, pretty, white buttons.

P1280109

I decided to use a spare, flat, pink sheet {Also Simply Shabby Chic} and
make a European size bed pillow with a large soft ruffle enveloping the square.



P1270104

So soft and inviting. I placed my crocheted pillow there on the bed, however it is
always in the family room now ~ in my "Pink Chair" :)

P1280112

Here is the link to the making of the duvet cover.
Sweet Dreams 

Hugs,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment