Friday, March 9, 2012

A FISHY TALE OF THREE SUBS...


FANTASTIC FOUR #11 (1962)

Sufferin' Shad! Take a look at the above pin-up from the 1962 issue of FANTASTIC FOUR #11 - it's only the avenging son of Atlantis himself, PRINCE NAMOR, the mighty SUB-MARINER! This pulsating pin-up next appeared in Britain on the back cover of TERRIFIC #1 in 1967, before turning up yet again in 1973 as a back-page pin-up in THE MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL #15.

TERRIFIC #1 (1967)

It made another appearance in a 1977 issue of THE COMPLETE FANTASTIC FOUR, but this time it was in black and white (with a bit of Letra-tone), hence my decision not to include it this time 'round - the colour versions have an extra dimension which the b&w one lacks.

MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL #15 (1973)

I suppose that the first two versions have more of an 'oceanic feel' to them because of the colour scheme utilised, but the MWOM presentation had much more of an impact on me at the time, consequently being the one I prefer. Luckily, I'm not restricted to just one and can enjoy all of them depending on my mood. Which one is your favourite?

Imperius Rex!  

No comments:

Post a Comment