Thursday, March 8, 2012

FANTASTIC COVER GALLERY PART 2...



And now, starting with the first ever issue of FANTASTIC that I actually bought, here's the second part of our 1960s' covery gallery of the jewel in the POWER PACK crown. There's something about the cover to #7 which gnaws at me - the speech balloons have been relettered and, if I'm not very much mistaken, the art has certainly been retouched in places - if not completely redrawn (traced, most likely). On what do I base my opinion? By comparison with the cover of the original US version of TALES OF SUSPENSE. If you check it out, you'll see that the faces of KALA and STARK's friends differ slightly from the British printing. I'd be interested in what anyone else thinks on the matter, so don't be shy about letting me know - I'll be waiting.











No comments:

Post a Comment