Friday, February 20, 2009

What I did/ What did I do???!

Well, I am not sure what I did.
I do know that I DID get excited about crocheting.
I DID buy this. Guess WHO is in it!! : ) Which is why I bought it!
I DID plan on crocheting a padded hanger.
I DID see the circle pillow somehere out there...where???
I DID think I could do it.
Lastly, I did jump right in, with no help.

The photo you are aboout to see is PRE- Jean. She is in no way connected to what you are about to see. Do NOT attempt to drink or eat while viewing the photo... I do not want any one to choke... although you may die from LAUGHTER!

Please click on the photo to see ~

Help!

Once you have recovered, please help me!!!
Jean was so polite and kind. I had to tell her that I could not resist the puff stitch (ps) { see, i do know something! "ps" means "puff stitch" } so I grabbed some white yarn, of a different weight, of course, why not! I was fine until the fifth row.... yes that is when they stopped telling you how many stitches you should end up with after you finish a row. (better point out here that i really depended on that stitch info, i tore out each row at least twice in order to end up with the right number of stitches!)

ALSO~ Does anyone know why it is rufflie??? Jean could not even figure out what I did wrong!!!

What Jean did discover:
Mary you---
Put the (ps), puff stitch on the "back side".
me~(whimper, whimper, because I like that side better, Jean ( Jean laughs)

You used the wrong weight of yarn.
me~ do you know how I love this shade of green and softness of the yarn.

What size hook did you use, Mary?
me~ Well, the pretty pink one Jean! (i am not kidding you, that is how I chose)

The Puff stitch should be done in the same weight as the main yarn, it directs you here in the pattern.
Did you read the supply portion of your pattern , Mary.?
me~ no, not really Jean, i did not want the colors they used.

Finally Jean suggests that I unravel the work up to the fourth row... where it is still laying flat and use the correct wieght of yarn for the puff stitch.
I hope I know where the fourth row is!!!

ANY HELP you can give me I would greatly appreciate!

Oh merci, oh vous remercient, à l'avance!!
(Oh thank you in advance!!!)

As I bundled up all of my books and yarns, I let Jean know that I also was going to do a pretty shell stitch around the pillows edge! :) Jean tipped her head back and Laughed!!!


Hugs,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment